Creating a regular workout routine does wonders for our health, but it can be challenging to remain inspired before and during the workout.
Let’s admit it, the act of exercising itself is usually not enjoyable. We do it mainly for the outcome and future health benefits, but it can be tough to push through the stress and pain of the actual physical exercises.
That’s why most people find ways to take their minds off the actual work, commonly by listening to music.
Music not only offers a distraction but also produces the inspiration and stimulation required to maximize effort. You might not feel like going to the gym today, but put on your favorite music and suddenly you’re energized and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be beneficial for individuals with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aids, you can stream your favorite music directly from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any wires getting in the way.
As an alternative, if you’re in the learning mood, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet based courses, strengthening both your mental and physical health simultaneously.
Have a fitness partner instead?
Modern hearing aid models, furnished with directional microphones, target and accentuate speech while suppressing background noise, making it easier to carry a conversation with your partner in a lively gym.
For all these reasons hearing aids are indispensable gym equipment, but you may be concerned about possible damage to the device from sweat and moisture.
While most hearing aid models are resistant against dirt and moisture to some degree, there are a number of accessories you can use to preserve your hearing aids at the gym.
Think about investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, shielding them from sweat and debris.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to avoid damage or loss if your hearing aids become unintentionally dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – maintaining an extra pair on hand ensures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids after your workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) eliminate moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) supply a safe place for storage overnight.
With a little planning, you can securely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to get more information about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!